Yes, you can have a sparkling clean home without going crazy. Disinfecting the buttons on the TV remote control and your cell phone screen are for true cleaning enthusiasts, but for the rest of us, here are a few tips from Prescott Maid to Order to help get your Prescott home ready for holiday guests, and keep your home bright and clean – and even merry!
1. Scrub the foyer – Wipe down your front entrance door and sweep the doormat clean. Dust any entryway furniture and mop or vacuum the floor to remove any street dirt and dust that may have settled. Since your guests will notice this area first, keeping the foyer clean will guarantee your home makes the best first impression.
2. Concentrate on the kitchen – At some point, everyone heads to the kitchen and in many homes, despite other beautiful rooms, people still seem to gather there. Home is where the food is so be sure your kitchen is appetizing by looking and smelling beautiful. Fine tune your cleaning by dusting light fixtures and flushing drains with boiling hot water.
3. The powder room – Scrub it till it shines. Period.
4. Creating a pleasing aroma around the house – A freshly brewed pot of delicious coffee or a smattering of cinnamon can go a long way to giving your home an inviting aroma.
5. Treat your garbage disposal with some love – Help cut down on unpleasant odors, simply chop a whole lemon, including the rind, and feed it to your disposal. Hint: Toss in a few ice cubes to help sharpen the blades.
6. Keep it simple and consider one soap for all your needs – Castile soap can be used as a laundry detergent, floor cleaner and even a shampoo.
7. Seeing things clearly – Keep your windows sparkling clean with an affordable and quick mixture of vinegar, water and a simple spray bottle. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down your windows leaving them streak-free.
8. Holiday cooking cleanups – No matter how meticulous you are, stove tops and ovens can’t help but get dirty. Make a simple cleaning solution of baking soda and water to scrub off baked-on goo.
If your guests are on their way, or if you’re planning a holiday party, we can help get you ready. Call us today for a free estimate at 928-899-8518. Whether it’s the holidays or not, Prescott Maid to Order can help keep your Prescott home clean and beautiful year ‘round. For more information visit us at http://www.prescottmaidtoorder.com.
Prescott Home Cleaning
Professional House Cleaners in Prescott
Helpful Cleaning Articles