The season’s changes come quickly. This is the time of year when Prescott Maid to Order likes to think of this as the ‘between-the-seasons.’ This time of year we have said so long to the oppressive temperatures while we say hello to cooler mornings and evenings. Now is the time to take care of some household projects before cold weather discourages us. We have put a list together for you to stay organized while winterizing your home in Prescott.
• Clean and store patio furniture, umbrellas, and children’s summer toys.
• Touch up paint on outdoor wood surfaces, window and door trim. Give your decks extra attention and special care.
• Check caulk around windows and doors. Install or replace weather-stripping. Make sure the garage doors are functioning properly.
• Wash exterior windows.
• Drain and store garden hoses. Install insulating covers on exterior spigots. In hard-freeze areas, have sprinkler systems blown free of water.
• Check gutters and downspouts. Clear the leaves and other debris.
• Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned if necessary.
• Focus the rooms we share; living room, family room, entryway, guest bath.
• Deep clean; Vacuum drapes and window treatments. Clean window sills and window cases. Don’t skip the baseboards or the corners.
• Many hands make light work. Ask someone to help you move the furniture as you vacuum behind it and under it. An extra pair of hands can lift cushions as you deep clean.
• Wash interior windows.
• Turn mattresses according to manufacturer’s instructions.
• Wash and dry all bedding: mattress pads, pillows, duvets, blankets, comforters.
• Schedule a professional carpet cleaning before the rush.
• Organize the cabinets. Get rid of unused items and duplicate utensils. How many wooden spoons do we need?
• Clear kitchen counters of all appliances not used within the last week. Clear counters look cleaner.
• Pull refrigerator away from the wall, and vacuum the condenser coils. Clean and thoroughly dry the floor.
• Vacuum lamp shades and decorative lighting.
• Inspect each appliance, including your home’s heating system and air cleaning system.
• Stock up on ice melt before the rush. Prescott has a way of running thin on this item.
• Clean or replace humidifier elements before the heating season begins.
• Inspect washing machine hoses for cracks or splits.
• Check dryer exhaust tube and vent for built-up lint. Make sure the exterior vent door closes tightly when it’s not in use.
• Schedule fall furnace inspections now. Don’t wait for the first cold night!
• Save trips to the store and stock up on furnace filters. Change filters monthly for maximum energy savings and indoor comfort.
If this list is still too hefty and you’re looking for more hands to help, then call Prescott Maid to Order Today at 928-899-8518 to schedule a free consultation. To see a complete list residential cleaning services in Prescott, visit http://prescottmaidtoorder.com/
Prescott Residential Cleaning Services
Helpful Household Hints